|Position:||Head – PCS|
|Department:||Patient Care Services|
|Reporting To:||Head – Operations|
|Hospital:||A leading chain of multi-specialty hospital|
|Qualification:||Graduation in any field & MHA|
|Experience:||8-15 years of experience in relevant field, preferably in hospital industry|
|Knowledge and specific skills:||Customer Service Orientation, Excellent Communication Skills, Courteous, |
Working knowledge of computers and leadership qualities
|Main Objective of the Role:||To build a caring and patient centric atmosphere in the front office|
|Key Responsibilities:||· Achieve heightened levels of customer service|
· Meet customer / patient service objectives by foreseeing requirements; preparing annual budgets; scheduling expenses
· Monitor admissions and discharge process; allocate rooms and beds
· Take part in the selecting, orienting, training, counseling and disciplining employees. Maintain rapport with consultants, patients and patient attendants.
· Determine customer/ patient service requirements by establishing open rapport with patients/ customers; visiting operational environment; conducting surveys; bench marking best practices
· Improve customer quality by studying, evaluating, and redesigning processes, establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes
· Maximize customer service by providing help desk resources and technical advice; resolving problems; disseminating advisories and new techniques, detecting and diagnosing problems
Generate reports regarding bed occupancy, admissions, etc for management
· Inspire team members, and instill enthusiasm and drive& belongingness & loyalty in them.
· Encourage team members to reach targets and enhance productivity
· Encourage and develop team members’ multi-functionality
· Conduct performance appraisals within the department and work with HR department to chalk out action plans for development and growth of staff in tune with strategies and objectives of the organization
· Identify and overcome complacency by constantly improving functional abilities of the department
· Ensure OPD & IPD experience of patients is at par with the best in the industry.
· Identify training needs and nominate team members for appropriate programs that would enhance knowledge, skills and to shape the attitudes required for development
· Take decisions on all operational and team matters that are outside the purview of subordinates
· Keep in touch with entire team through regular meetings
· Represent the Department or team in the management Morning Meetings and other employee or department related committees
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reviewing professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
· Ensure the audit & other compliances are always adhered to & are up to date at all the times.
· Ensuring a very close coordination with Head- Analytics for understanding of business & educating team about it for better productivity & business orientation.
· Ensuring 100% KRA achievement.